List Spam Filtering

Erich Dollansky erichsfreebsdlist at alogt.com
Fri May 17 01:21:39 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Thu, 16 May 2013 23:05:33 +0100
Bruce Cran <bruce at cran.org.uk> wrote:

> On 11/05/2013 02:34, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> > Good question. I don't know why. I wish all were, it would keep
> > spam out.
>
> There have been some discussions about this in the past.
> freebsd-questions doesn't require subscribing to avoid people who may
> be unfamiliar with mailing lists being put off posting to it.

we running in a circle here.

I noticed that on other FreeBSD lists, a moderator enables later mails
which are sent from an unregistered address. Why can't this be done
here?

Get a group of volunteers in different time zones to handle this and
off we go.

Of course, I could be one of them in the Eastern World.

Erich