Will i be force.

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue May 14 21:39:22 UTC 2013

On Tue, 14 May 2013 21:18:43 +0000, k_winzic at ovi.com wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam
>
> My name is Kevin, I want to build an OS that is derived from freebsd but Should i be worried about FreeBSD license when i am deriving.

You should not be worried about the license. Just follow it.
The license grants you several rights, and as long as you
comply with the license, there is no problem deriving a new
OS from FreeBSD. Just make sure you don't violate any
copyright.

Note that I am not a lawyer, and this is no official response
from a FreeBSD body. Depending on your local legislation, I
suggest you discuss the topic with a lawyer you trust to give
you further advice.

Also read the legal documents provided by FreeBSD itself and
other sources. Read and understand (!) the license itself.

http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/freebsd-license.html

http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_licenses#2-clause_license_.28.22Simplified_BSD_License.22_or_.22FreeBSD_License.22.29

You may find more specific answers by directing your questions
to a legal representative of the FreeBSD foundation or a more
appropriate mailing list (-questions@ is for general questions,
usually answered by FreeBSD users and contributors).

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany