small fanless mini-pc for home router/firewall?

Arthur Chance freebsd at qeng-ho.org
Wed May 8 14:48:46 UTC 2013

On 05/08/13 15:10, firmdog at gmail.com wrote:
> What is the best option out there for a mini-pc to run FreeBSD as a home
> router/firewall?  (needs to have 2 nic's)

I use an alix2d3 running embedded pfSense as a 3 NIC (WAN, LAN, DMZ)
router. If you only need 2 NICs go for the alix2d2. You can also add two
mini-PCI WiFi cards to the 2d2 (or one to the 2d3) should you want WiFi
as well.

http://www.pcengines.ch/alix.htm

I think you can get these from a supplier in the US as well, but someone
else will have to tell you who.

--
In the dungeons of Mordor, Sauron bred Orcs with LOLcats to create a
new race of servants. Called Uruk-Oh-Hai in the Black Speech, they

		_Lord of the Rings 2.0, the Web Edition_