script or c prog to record live audio?

Joshua Isom jrisom at gmail.com
Tue May 7 00:24:44 UTC 2013

On 5/6/2013 6:19 PM, Gary Kline wrote:

> guys,
>
> I've been meaning to ask one of the Nix lists if there is a script that
> will record something from kuow.org while I watch one of my favorite tv
> broadcasts.  most  of the time, nothing is on tv, but  this one radio
> broadcast, "AR" co-insides with "NOVA" at 21:00.
>
> anybody know?

The hackish way I've done before is use wireshark do dump the network
stream.  In reality, I think you might be able to get by with fetch.  I
just tried and fetch closes the connection before buffering, using
telnet does the transmit.  The trick is mp3 streams are just inefficient
mp3's.  Maybe wget would work.  You can add a cron job to start it and
another to kill it.