Restarting exports disturbs clients

Mohan Ramanujan mohan at nber.org
Fri May 3 17:16:06 UTC 2013

Actually, changes to /etc/exports under FreeBSD take effect when you
either kill -HUP mountd.pid or /etc/rc.d/mountd reload|restart on the nfs
server, but both disrupt existing mounted shares on the nfs client.
What we are looking for is an equivalent of exportfs -r under Linux.  Is
that available under FreeBSD?  Thanks.

--
mohan