OT: The future of USENET?

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed Mar 27 21:20:13 UTC 2013

El día Wednesday, March 27, 2013 a las 03:37:43PM -0500, Joshua Isom escribió:

> The last ISP I knew had usenet complained about the bandwidth and
> storage required.  They had a dedicated satellite instead of using their
> backbone, and only cached a couple days.  All the porn and warez has the
> side affect of wiping out the cost benefit.

I'm using since some years http://www.aioe.org/ which has no binary
groups (i.e. no porn or warez) and a cache of 25 days. Just works.

	matthias
--
Sent from my FreeBSD netbook

Matthias Apitz               |  - No system with backdoors like Apple/Android
E-mail: guru at unixarea.de     |  - Never being an iSlave
WWW: http://www.unixarea.de/ |  - No proprietary attachments, no HTML/RTF in E-mail
phone: +49-170-4527211       |  - Respect for open standards