freebsd-hackers at freebsd.org

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Wed Mar 27 16:05:50 UTC 2013

budsz <budiyt at gmail.com> writes:

> I want ask about error in `dmesg` output "remove Bump sched buckets to
> 64 (was 0)"
> in FreeBSD 8.3 STABLE version. Where's the code lines should be remove (safety)?

That message isn't in RELENG_9, so I can't give you details. It's
probably resizing a dummynet queue, so it's likely to be in one of the c
files in /usr/src/sys/netpfil/ipfw/. Removing the print statment is
*probably* safe, but will leave you with less information if something
actually goes wrong with allocating buckets the next time you add a new
queue.

Or you could update to something more recent, where that specific
message isn't present at all.