No sound with Thinkpad X60

Peter Harrison four.harrisons at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 23 15:15:46 UTC 2013

Friday, 22 March 2013 at  6:28:57 +0100, Bernt Hansson said:
> 2013-03-22 00:42, Peter Harrison skrev:
>
> Put this in your /boot/loader.conf and report back.
>
> hw.snd.default_unit="0"
>
> Test with other nubers if 0 do not work.

Thanks Bernt.

Here's the relevant bit of rc.conf

snddetect_enable="YES"
mixer_enable="YES"

and I have

snd_hda_load="YES"

in my loader.conf, so shouldn't need the sound_enable you suggested I think?

I also have this in my device.hints:

hint.hdac.0.cad0nid7.config="as=1"

but I think that's a typo and there should be an extra period in there somewhere

That said, I'm not going to change anything because all of a sudden and for no reason that I can figure out, it is now working. I have sound.

Go figure.

Thanks for your help.

Peter Harrison.