No sound with Thinkpad X60

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Fri Mar 22 11:31:15 UTC 2013

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 06:28:57 +0100
Bernt Hansson articulated:

> 2013-03-22 00:42, Peter Harrison skrev:
>
> Put this in your /boot/loader.conf and report back.
>
> hw.snd.default_unit="0"
>
> Test with other nubers if 0 do not work.

Using an nVidia card, I had to do the following:

/etc/sysctl.conf
  hw.snd.default_unit=4

Rebooted and the sound worked. I never found any truly accurate
information on it, it was basically just a trail and error experiment.
And YES, it sucks that in all to many cases, sound doesn't "just work".

--
Jerry ♔