Intel microcode update

kaltheat at googlemail.com kaltheat at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 19 22:06:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

I was wondering how to update microcode of an Intel CPU and came across
cpucontrol and sysutils/devcpu-data . But last mentioned port is not up-to-date
anymore. I searched Intel's webpages for microcode updates and found archives
for Linux containing one single microcode.dat file. Could someone tell me if
that file is compatible with FreeBSD? As devcpu-data installs .fw files it
might be proper to convert/compile microcode.dat in some way. How?

Regards,
kaltheat