Installing 9.1 without re-partitioning hard drive

Bejoy Thomas bejoygthomas at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 15 02:30:13 UTC 2013

Hi Lee,

One option to have a FreeBSD system on  winxp,  without any partitioning to the existing hard disk, is to have freebsd as a vm on virtualbox. For having a dual boot system you would need to partition the existing disk . If you have a second had disk you could select it and let FreeBSD partition it with the default configuration using "Entire Disk" . The FreeBSD handbook should help you

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/bsdinstall-partitioning.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/install.html#windows-coexist

Bejoy Thomas