man mailcap

Sabine Baer baerks at t-online.de
Wed Mar 13 06:20:56 UTC 2013

Hello,
some time ago I upgraded from 7.6 to 8.3.
Now I see that there's no manpage for mailcap anymore.
I've got a backup of the old manpage, but why does it lack on 8.n?

My .mailcap files do work but I would add something and was in need of
a little help from the manpage.

$apropos mailcap gives only
|run-mailcap(1), view(1), see(1), edit(1), compose(1), print(1) -
|execute programs via entries in the mailcap file Mail::Cap(3)
|- Parse mailcap files
which is a crap because eg 'view' is some kind of 'vim'.

Sabine

--
"Wissenschaftlich betrachtet wird das Häuschen kaputt sein."
(Th. Waschke in dswc auf die Frage eines wissenschftlich