fbsdmon error message

Shane Ambler FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Sun Mar 10 10:43:14 UTC 2013

On 09/03/2013 22:24, Jerry wrote:
> After working fine for over a year, the "ports-mgmt/fbsdmon" port has
> started spitting out errors once a week for the past month.

> Rebuilding locate database:
>
> Rebuilding whatis database:
> makewhatis: /usr/local/man/man3/EVP_PKEY_verifyrecover_init.3.gz: No such file or directory
>
> Sending statistic to fbsdmon.org
>
> -- End of weekly output --

The error isn't from fbsdmon, the message is from the weekly periodic
run which has fbsdmon on it's list of tasks. The error is from the task
before fbsdmon - rebuilding the whatis database.

While I know the error originates from an openssl item being renamed
from EVP_PKEY_verifyrecover_init to EVP_PKEY_verify_recover_init I'm not
sure why it still tries to find the old man page.