Cannot install on HP Pavilion

Butch Whitby jw3mlreader at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 20:10:50 UTC 2013

On 02/25/2013 16:50, Jeff Tipton wrote:
> On 02/25/2013 22:39, Russell Murphy wrote:
>> ERROR: No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed
> Isn't this a BIOS message about a failing harddisk?
>
> http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-e-g-Windows-8-Software-Recovery/Error-no-boot-disk-has-been-detected-or-the-disk-has-failed/td-p/1495065

Are you sure the bootloader installed correctly?

Also, in the bios, what is the drive type set to?  I've seen that happen
on a Lenovo when the drive type is set to AHCI.  Changing it to either
legacy or normal (don't recall which one) allowed the machine to boot
from the hard disk without issue.

--
Butch
"Why is there never time to do it right the first time, but there is always time to do it again?"