Does anyone know how to install FreeBSD 8.3 under Virtual Box 4.2.6?

Trond Endrestøl Trond.Endrestol at fagskolen.gjovik.no
Fri Mar 1 07:29:15 UTC 2013

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 23:04-0800, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I booted the FreeBSD 8.3 DVD1 under Virtual Box, but it crashes in VB
> 4.2.6 under Win 7 and Linux.
>
> Seems to install OK on QEMU/VMM under Linux ...
>
> Does anyone know how to get it to run under Virtual Box?

Ensure firmware settings (i.e. BIOS) allow for hw virtualization.
You don't specify if you are attempting i386 or amd64.
VB needs to know if you're running a 32 bit or 64 bit guest OS.

A higher degree of details would be nice.

--
| Vennlig hilsen,               | Best regards,                      |