Firefox 21 not proceeding to URL

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sat Jun 29 11:02:23 UTC 2013

On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 07:53:13 +0200
Leslie Jensen articulated:

> 2013-06-28 19:07, Jerry skrev:
> > Using Firefox 21, if I enter this URL:
> >
> > http://www.nclawreview.org/documents/91/1/wegner.pdf
> >
> > nothing happens. The PDF is not displayed nor is there any evidence
> > that Firefox did anything at all.
> >
> > Now, entering the same URL using the same version of Firefox on a
> > Windows machine, it works perfectly. No surprise there. Why is it
> > failing on the FreeBSD machine? I posted on another forum and was
> > told it works under Linux, so it must be a FreeBSD problem. Can
> > anyone confirm this or have an idea what the problem is?
> >

> It works for me.

It turns out the problem was caused by the "PDF Download" add-on I had
installed. I disabled it and all is well again. I contacted the author
who informed me that it works on *.nix  and the problem probably lies
with FreeBSD; however, he will look into it. In other words, it isn't
gong to be fixed anytime soon, if at all.  There is just no urgency is
wasting the time to fix a problem for a small niche of users and an
even smaller niche who are employing their add-on combined with an
infinitesimal number of users actually trying to access a site similar
to the one shown above.

--
Jerry ♔