logging during loader

Mike. the.lists at mgm51.com
Mon Jun 24 15:38:07 UTC 2013

On 6/24/2013 at 4:05 PM Arthur Chance wrote:

|On 06/24/13 14:23, Robert Huff wrote:
|>
|> 	During the processing of loader.conf, something gets printed
|> that suggests all is not right.  However, this is a sufficiently
|> modern machine it goes by too fast to read exactly what.
|> 	It is my understanding that file gets read before the system
|> logging facilities are operational, and possibly before things like
|> ^S/^Q work on the terminal.
|> 	Is there a way to store the results of that phase of boot-up?
 =============

This has worked well for me, logging the early boot process that
usually scrolls by on the screen. I use it on 8.3 and 9.1.

I was surprised that it managed to log console stuff that occurred
before syslogd was loaded...

from syslog.conf

# uncomment this to log all writes to /dev/console to
#   /var/log/console.log
# touch /var/log/console.log and chmod it to mode 600
#   before it will work
console.info				/var/log/console.log