Flash failing with videos on "youtube"

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sun Jun 16 11:39:33 UTC 2013

I saw the answer to this a while back, but I cannot find it now.

After working fine for quite a while, this problem has started. When
attempting to play videos on "youtube", I am greeted with a message
that states "Adobe Flash Player is Required for Video Playback? It
then offers me a link to the site; obviously though that link is
useless in FreeBSD. I double checked everything, the ports are all
up-to-date, and I ran "nspluginwrapper", etcetera as specified in
"Chapter 7. Desktop Applications"
<http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/desktop-browsers.html>

Someone else had a similar problem and reported it here awhile ago and
was given the solution. I am running Firefox 21.0 via the ports system
on a FreeBSD-8.3 amd64 system.

--
Jerry ♔

In 1900, a father came home from work to find his wife and children at
the supper table.

Today, a father comes home to a note: "Jimmy's at baseball, Cindy's at
gymnastics, I'm at adult-Ed, Pizza in fridge."