How to force a static /etc/resolv.conf?

Darren Pilgrim darren.pilgrim at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 00:46:49 UTC 2013

I'm running 9.1.  I run a local recursive resolver, so my
/etc/resolv.conf needs to remain static.  I have DHCPv4, DHCPv6 and VPN
clients running which all want to modify /etc/resolv.conf.  I have set
in /etc/resolvconf.conf:

search_domains="example.com. example.net."
name_servers="2001:db8::53"

But that only prepends that information.  Search domains and nameservers
from other sources still get included.  I can set /etc/resolv.conf as
immutable, but's a hack and it generates errors from resolveconf.

How do I tell resolvconf to always use a static configuration or, better
yet, to not muck with /etc/resolv.conf at all?