Per-IP Bandwidth Monitoring

Kenta Suzumoto kentas at hush.com
Sun Jun 9 02:32:18 UTC 2013

Hello. I'm running a FreeBSD machine with 5 IP addresses, each of them attached to a specific jail. I'm wondering if there is an easy way to monitor the bandwidth usage of each of them individually. Upon googling, I ran into a lot of suggestions like bandwidthd. I gave it a try and it seemed very broken and basically didn't work at all. I'm basically looking for a "vnstat that works per IP instead of per interface" kind of thing. jnettop wasn't what I was looking for. It doesn't have to make pretty graphs(but that's nice too), just human-readable text is fine. Anyone have a recommendation?

Some links I came across that were unhelpful:
http://freebsd.1045724.n5.nabble.com/how-to-measure-bandwidth-per-jail-td5797422.html

http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?&topic=32256.0

http://www.daemonforums.org/showthread.php?t=1199

Thanks