9.1-RELEASE slow boot

Fernando Apesteguía fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 17:38:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

Since I updated to 9.1-RELEASE my boot process seems to stall for a
while. Booting in verbose mode shows messages like these ones:

Opening device da0 -> 6 (repeated like 30 times or so)
Opening device da1 -> 6 (repeated like 30 times or so)
Opening device da2 -> 6 (repeated like 30 times or so)
Opening device da3 -> 6 (repeated like 30 times or so)

Those devices correspond to my internal SD card reader that doesn't
work on FreeBSD anyway. This seems some kind of probing right? I don't
want to wait for those devices. What can I do to speed up booting? I
didn't change my system settings either. Did anything related change
in the kernel about probing these type of devices?

Thanks in advance.