define more partitions in freebsd

s m sam.gh1986 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 07:56:17 UTC 2013

thanks for your reply,

it is a good news if i can define more partitions with gpart. names
are not so important for me. if i can define more partitions with
gpart, are these partitions work correctly? you know i wan to define a
journal partition for each partition on my freebsd. so if i use these
extra partition as journal provider, do they work correctly?

and another question, how can i define more partitions with gpart? i
searched and some people say to use "gpart -n 20". do you mean to use
this command too?

and my last question, some people say to change byte 0x28a of the disk
from 0x08 to 0x14 (which 14 is the number of partitions). do you think
it's a good idea and applicable solution?

thanks for your attention