xcdroast cannot locate cdda2wav

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Tue Jul 30 12:29:51 UTC 2013

The "xcdroast" application use to work, but lately it has started to
throw an error message. First, it would not let me start it unless I was
"root". I had long ago done the reacquired preliminary start-up as root.
Now, when I attempt to start it as root, it emits this error message:

~ # xcdroast

** (xcdroast:96970): WARNING **: Invalid cdda2wav version -unknown- found.
        Expecting at least version 2.01
        Start xcdroast with the -n option to override (not recommended!)
~ # cd /usr/ports/sysutils/xcdroast

I have tried deleting the port and rebuilding it, but the same problem
exists. I have not been able to locate "cdda2wav" on the system or in a
port.

--
Jerry ♔