TRIM and changing mount options

aurfalien aurfalien at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 02:25:04 UTC 2013

On Jul 24, 2013, at 12:51 PM, Alexandre Labarre wrote:

> Le mercredi 24 juillet 2013, aurfalien a écrit :
>
> On Jul 24, 2013, at 9:01 AM, Dan Nelson wrote:

> >> Looks like I don't have it.
> >>
> >> I keep reading that I must download the patch and make it which is not an
> >> issue.
> >>
> >> But I can't seem to find it.
> >>
> >> I've dl'd the 9.2 beta in hopes to check its src and see if its there.
> >>
> >> Looks like all I really need is the current rel.
> >
> > ZFS TRIM support was MFC'd into the 9 branch in June, so it wasn't in 9.1
> > but will be available in 9.2:
> >
> > http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=revision&revision=251419
>

> I actually got the 9.2 src and found what i was looking for  so many thanks.
>
> Gonna figure out what step are required to compile this in to my current 9.1 rel.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> - aurf
> Hi,
> Why you do not track 9/Stable or wait 9.2-Release?
> We are at the first Beta stage of 9.2. (9.2-Beta 1). You cannot use "freebsd-update" to upgrade your 9.1-Release to 9.2-Beta 1 because there was a problem, but this will be resolved for 9.2-Beta 2 in the next days or weeks.
> Just my .2 cents
>
> Kind regards,
> Alexandre

Hi,

Whats the best list to submit oddities regarding freeBSD 9.2 Beta 1?

Specifically, this line in 9.1 creates and mounts the fs under /mnt;

zpool create -o altroot=/mnt -o cachefile=/var/tmp/zpool.cache zroot mirror /dev/gpt/disk0 /dev/gpt/disk1

But in 9.2 beta 1, its under /mnt/zroot.

Just seems a bit odd is all.

- aurf