Saving scanned document

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Wed Jul 24 18:37:05 UTC 2013

On Wed, 24 Jul 2013 11:15:09 -0500
Mark Felder articulated:

> Can your machine email the PDF? That's how I'd solve it... have it
> send to a mailbox on your local machine and have a script that grabs
> the attachment and puts it in a directory shared on the network.

That is a novel idea and yes it does have the ability to send a scanned
document via email; however, I think that is way more trouble than it
is worth. I have the problem solved by sharing the directories on the
MS machines. It isn't perfect, but it does work. Porting the Brother
scanner software to FreeBSD would probably be ideal, but I have neither
the time, a spare machine nor probably the skill to do it.

--
Jerry ♔