Newbye question VIM problem

Pietro Paolini pulsarpietro at aol.com
Tue Jul 23 14:25:06 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I have to install in a probably not latest version BSD machine but when I try to

pkg_add -r vim-lite
Error: Unable to get ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-9.0-release/Latest/vim-lite.tbz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
pkg_add: unable to fetch 'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-9.0-release/Latest/vim-lite.tbz' by URL

I get that error, it should be cause by the fact that my system is not so new, am I wrong ? Any solution on that ?

Thanks a lot.
Pietro.