trashed installation ?

john francis lee jfl at robinlea.com
Thu Jul 18 14:29:33 UTC 2013

Hi,

I got FreeBSD 10 CURRENT installed in a virtualbox on my ubuntu desktop,
had installed x11, and was working on gnome (the 3rd day of compilation
!) when I lost power ... twice in a row. The FreeBSD recovered the first
time but it doesn't look good this second time. I attach a screenshot. I
installed the guest editions as well (another day's compilation !) but
mouse doesn't work in the FreeBSD terminal and there's no way I can copy
text, or share anything via the clipboard.  I'm afraid it's shot and
I'll have to spend another week recreating a FreeBSD virtualbox guest
... unless you can tell me how to fix this one.

Hope to hear from you, but if I haven't by tomorrow I'll just go ahead
and wipe this machine and try again ... with pkgs instead of ports this
time. Might not a take a week that way. I get the impression that
there's no one reading my mails, or else no interest in my problems.
Fair enough. What do I expect for free, right? Thanks for the software
anyway.

--
john francis lee
246/3 Moo 22