FreeBSD on Asus F70SL

Waitman Gobble gobble.wa at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 21:13:40 UTC 2013

On Jul 10, 2013 12:55 PM, "Martin Siebel" <msiebel at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I recently tried (and failed) installing FreeBSD-9.1-RELEASE on my Asus
F70SL Notebook.
> I already created a thread in the official FreeBSD boards but so far no
one could help me out with my problem. Since I really want to use FreeBSD
with my Notebook I am looking forward to get the neccessary information
here.

> The topic in the FreeBSD boards can be found here:
>
> https://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=40724
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Martin

Hi Martin,

Since you are creating the usb boot on an MS system, what happens when you
plug the dongle into the machine while running MS? If you see the iso file,
that could be the problem.

Also %always% make sure to use the Safe Eject feature before removing the
dongle. Its possible to receive a "Finished" message when a copy operation
is still in progress

Waitman Gobble
San Jose California