Touch screen support in 9 Release

Ben Paley ben at benpaley.com
Sat Jul 6 17:09:11 UTC 2013

Hello,

My employer is going to replace my aging laptop soon. We've always used Macs at work but I'd kinda like to get back to FreeBSD. His criteria are Windows 8 and a touch screen, mine is decent FreeBSD support.

So, what is the state of support for touch screens at the moment? Most if the information I can find is from four or five years ago, and I can't seem to find out what's going on now.

And, any recommendations for a machine? I'd be using it primarily for web development.

Thanks for your help,
Ben