C++11 not working anymore with clang 3.2

David Demelier demelier.david at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 09:44:41 UTC 2013

Hello there,

I've installed the c++ (libc++ library) like this :

make -C /usr/src/lib/libcxxrt all install
make CXX=clang -C /usr/src/lib/libc++ all install

Then, I was able to compile with clang++ using -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++.

And now, after the clang-3.2 update I can't build anymore, I get this error:

/usr/local/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/irccd.dir/Irccd.cpp.o: undefined reference to
symbol '__cxa_free_exception@@CXXABI_1.3'
/usr/local/bin/ld: note: '__cxa_free_exception@@CXXABI_1.3' is defined in DSO
//lib/libcxxrt.so.1 so try adding it to the linker command line
//lib/libcxxrt.so.1: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)
*** [irccd/irccd] Error code 1

I've also tried recompiling libc++ and libcxxrt with the last clang++ but it
didn't help.

Regards,