dhclient and random disconnects

J B jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 10:28:22 UTC 2013

A follow-up:

> third,
> I would test with IPv6 disabled (entirely for the system), regardless of
> connectivity type;
> that also means to explicitly disable that failover setup line in your config
> ipv6_activate_all_interfaces="**YES"
> jb

W/r to IPv6 (disable, enable, etc):
read man pages for rc.conf(5) and search for ipv6;
then set up whatever neccessary in /etc/rc.conf after considering what is in
some preset variables in /etc/defaults/rc.conf.

Btw, where did you get that "**YES" from in your config line for failover ?
ipv6_activate_all_interfaces="**YES"

The flag is "YES" or "NO".

Also, are you running any firewall on your machine ?

jb