[OT-ish] Need a Binary for lang/sml-nj

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr jnagyjr1978 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 20:50:41 UTC 2013

On 01/26/13 13:44, Polytropon wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 12:23:42 -0600, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr wrote:
>> I've got an amd64 machine (and no spare) and need help getting a binary
>> for lang/sml-nj (it won't compile on amd64, it's marked ignore for
>> whatever reason). I can send someone a 'pciconf -lv' of my machine if it
>> would help.
>
> 1. Have you tried compiling anyway? :-)

no, I've learned my lesson with trying to compile software when it's
marked ignore.

> 2. Maybe you can install the i386 precompiled package for
>     that software with $PACKAGESITE set accordingly, and
>     it will probably run on amd64.

The official pkg repo's don't exist at the moment.

> 3. Check /usr/ports/lang/sml-nj/pkg-descr for inspiration
>     about alternatives. :-)

Thanks (:

--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org