Sharing a mail folder between Linux and FreeBSD

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Fri Jan 25 15:12:20 UTC 2013

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 15:26:23 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 15:04:14 +0100, Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:
> > 	% ls -lR / | grep -v "/home" | grep "rocketmouse"
>
> It's better I umount at least Arch Linux.

True. :-)

> There anyway is an issue, it doesn't show the pass, I checked this with
>
> $ ls -lR /home/ | grep -v "/home"
>
> after running
>
> $ ls -lR / | grep -v "/home" | grep "rocketmouse"
>
> IOW I get tons of files, but don't know to which directory they belong.

Sorry, that was something I didn't take into mind, you're right.
Maybe this command is more efficient:

# find / -exec ls -l {} \; | grep -v "/home" | grep "rocketmouse"

It may be a good idea to send the output into a temporary file
and check it when the command has finished. As I said, you will
probably see some "false positives", but look for anything
strange in /usr.

> >> PPPoE was enabled automagically :).
> >
> > You probably have the required magic in /etc/rc.conf. :-)
>
> Yes, but it wasn't started, when the owner for /usr/bin/su wasn't root.

That was to be expected. :-)

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 15:32:38 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> PS:
>
> I guess the output is different for user and root and it does remove the
> path, but anyway display also contend of /home.

Yes, access permissions matter a lot, so the command should be
run as root.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany