Sharing a mail folder between Linux and FreeBSD

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Jan 25 14:26:31 UTC 2013

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 15:04:14 +0100, Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:
> 	% ls -lR / | grep -v "/home" | grep "rocketmouse"

It's better I umount at least Arch Linux.

# cat /etc/fstab
# Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump Pass
/dev/ad4s1b             none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/ad4s1a             /               ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/ad4s1e             /tmp            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/ad4s1f             /usr            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/ad4s1d             /var            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/acd0               /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
proc                    /proc           procfs  rw              0       0
/dev/ada0s8             /mnt/dump       ext2fs  rw              0       0
/dev/ada0s9             /mnt/archlinux  ext2fs  rw              0       0

# umount /dev/ada0s8
# umount /dev/ada0s9

There anyway is an issue, it doesn't show the pass, I checked this with

$ ls -lR /home/ | grep -v "/home"

after running

$ ls -lR / | grep -v "/home" | grep "rocketmouse"

IOW I get tons of files, but don't know to which directory they belong.

>> PPPoE was enabled automagically :).
>
> You probably have the required magic in /etc/rc.conf. :-)

Yes, but it wasn't started, when the owner for /usr/bin/su wasn't root.