svn-export Re: svn bdb checkout?

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Thu Jan 24 22:17:08 UTC 2013

Greg Larkin wrote:

>Hi Xyne,
>
>Thanks for turning that around so quickly, and I am doing some testing
>here with the idea to incorporate svn-export into the FreeBSD ports tree.
>
>I've run into a couple of problems that I hope you can take a look at it:
>
>- - Changesets containing directory or file deletions cause the script
>to exit.  Here is an example where I fetched the FreeBSD ports tree at
>a particular revision, then attempted to update to the latest revision:
>
># python3 svn-export --revision-file foo2.dat
>http://svn.freebsd.org/head/ports-mgmt ports-mgmt
>Determining current revision.
>Current revision is 310894.
>Determining changes [310000:310894].
>16 new/modified files, 5 deletions
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "svn-export", line 407, in <module>
>    svn.main()
>  File "svn-export", line 380, in main
>    self.remove_old_files(deleted)
>  File "svn-export", line 302, in remove_old_files
>    os.unlink(path)
>PermissionError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: 'ports-mgmt/pkg/files'
>
>- - I can't get the --to-script option to work if there are any
>file/directory deletions in the changeset.  It looks like the actual
>deletion operations are attempted (like above) even when the
>- --to-script option is selected.
>
>Let me know if you need any other information.
>
>Thank you,
>Greg

Hi,

I think I have fixed both errors in svn-export-2013.1.24, along with another
directory-related error that I discovered while debugging (attempts to cat new
directories in incremental exports instead of recursing them). Please try again
and let me know if it works.

If not, please post steps to reproduce the error with a publicly accessible
repo. I was unable to access the ports-mgmt repos in your example.

Incidentally, if anyone is looking at the code for svn-export, feel free to
suggest a better way to incrementally export new subdirectories (see the
"get_new_files()" method).

Incidentally, my release scripts do not leave old source archives on the
server for very long after a new release and I tend to update often when I
can. If you need me to increase the shelf life of old archives to prevent
404's, let me know (give me a reasonable interval and I will update my
scripts). In the future I may switch to posting my private Git repos, but I
tend to rewrite history and I know that really irks people.

Regards,
Xyne