Security updates

Jens Jahnke jan0sch at gmx.net
Wed Jan 23 12:04:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 12:42:00 +0100
"Ralf Mardorf" <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

RM> Because compiling does take very long, I will not update the whole
RM> ports tree that often, I alos like to keep software versions that
RM> fit to my needs when ever possible, but I guess without breaking
RM> dependencies it theoretically should be possible to update Internet
RM> browsers, MUAs etc. only from time to time, for security reasons.
RM>
RM> Is it possible to update just some Internet stuff?

yes, using some tools. Take a look at portmaster or portupgrade. Maybe
you should install portaudit too. It tells you for which ports security
flaws have been found.

To update a single port using portmaster you would run
# portmaster www/firefox
for example.

Regards,

Jens

--
23. Hartung 2013, 13:02
Homepage : http://www.jan0sch.de

The student in question is performing minimally for his peer group and
is an emerging underachiever.