Upgrading 8.2 to 9.1, Gnome issue

Hrisikesh sahu hrisikeshsahu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 10:22:05 UTC 2013

Hi ,
Forgive my stupidity.
Yes, i was getting so many shared library issue. So  I deleted to
rebuild the pkgdb using #portupgrade.

Now I am able to do
#portupgrade gnome2.

I followed both the following links to upgrade Xorg and Gnome2 .

On command prompt Mouse and key board functionality is proper, but
when i switched to GUI using #startx , then mouse and key stopped
working.

I have included HLAD and DBUS to the rc.conf .
/etc/rc.conf  --
-------------------------
keymap="us.iso"
gdm_enable="YES"
gnome_enable="YES"
hald_enable="YES"
dbus_enable="YES"
sshd_enable="YES"
moused_port="/dev/psm0"

Now I installed wireshark , but I am getting a Gtk-warning **: cannot
open display.

Please help me what are ports used to upgrade mouse and Key Board
functionality with X terminal.

I think few libraries are getting linked when I switched from Command
prompt to GUI terminal.

Please let me know if there is any command used to rebuild all the
installed ports and update pkgdb.

I am new to this freebsd . Please help me out to set up this system properly.