zfs configuration

Ivailo Tanusheff i.tanusheff at procreditbank.bg
Tue Jan 22 07:24:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

If you are using different filesystem for /tmp, which I guess you do, I
would recommend trying:
zfs set mountpoint=/something zfsroot/tmp
This way you will change the mountpoint to some other location. Also if
you have trouble dismounting the system you can do:
1. fstat to find out which process is using the system;
2. use -f option to force the dismount process.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivailo Tanusheff

Don Dugger <dondugger47 at gmail.com>
Sent by: owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
21.01.2013 17:51

freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
cc

Subject
zfs configuration

Hi All,

So I use zfs for the root file system. Works well. However now I want to
move /tmp to ram-disk (memory disk or what ever). When I try to unmount
/tmp with the zfs command of course it won't because its busy. With ufs I
would just edit fstab and reboot what do I don with zfs??

Thx in advance...

Don 8(

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and to
others authorised to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. It you are not the intended recipient you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or taking any
action based on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify us immediately by responding to this e-mail and then delete it from
your system. ProCredit Bank is neither liable for the proper and complete
transmission for the information contained in this message nor for any
delay in its receipt.