Kernel headers

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Mon Jan 21 11:38:20 UTC 2013

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 12:25:57 +0100, Emre Çamalan <mailist at yandex.com>
wrote:
> What is your distribution for installing FreeBSD, CD , DVD ?
>
> You can also use DVD for installing kernel.
>
> First , download FreeBSD 8.x or 9.x DVD distribution then try to install
> kernel with same way which is showing on cyberciti.biz.
> or reinstall your freebsd with FreeBSD 9.1 which ask to you for
> installing kernel.

I had to installed FreeBSD from the 8.3 DVD, because partitioning doesn't
work on my machine, when I used 9.0. I updated the Kernel to 9.1, world
and the ports tree.

I now use svn, but there's another issue now.

root at freebsd:/usr/src # svn checkout
svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/releng/9.1/ /usr/src
[snip]
^CA    lib/libc/quad/fixdfdi.c

svn: E200015: Caught signal
root at freebsd:/usr/src #
root at freebsd:/usr/src # uname -a
FreeBSD freebsd 9.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE #0 r243825: Tue Dec  4
09:23:10 UTC 2012
root at farrell.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

I don't know what "/releng" is for. Does this fit to my kernel?
I suspect I need to checkout r243825. How can I do this or what ever else
I have to do?

Thank you.

Regards,
Ralf