help with SVN needed {slightly off-topic}

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Mon Jan 21 00:02:05 UTC 2013

	(hm, well, other than to say that im installing 9.1 on my uni-CPU
	laptop, this is =really= OT.)

	okay, here's what I need help with and some of the whys and
	wherefors, etc:  much to my surprise, my little speech application
	for the impaired is gaining recognition rapidly.  ive heard from
	people from oz, from somewshere in the philippines, from england--
	or maybe I should say "u.k.", as well as from a few locales here
	in the states.  mostly, tho, my focus remains on writing or
	finishing this program fro the one computer per child project that
	is/was from MIT.  I'm not sure I believe this, but according to
	some source, there are some unholy number of children with some
	disability. of the 7 billion there are 100 million children with
	some disability.  not all speech, of course, but still---

	a gtk+ wizard took my posted VBC code and make mods to it.  he
	suggested that I set up an account on sourceforge.net so he and
	others could contribute.  I have an acct there but couldn't figure
	anything out.  a fellow on fbook suggested google.  I spent most
	of saturday setting up a forum and a place for my code on
	google.code.  if it sounds like I'm making progress, well,
	that's debatable.  nothing to do with hacking.  just the
	peripheral stuff.

	the part I need help with is Subversion.  I used CVS about 15 years
	ago, and svn looks slightly familiar.  the project on google.code
	are looking for me to use svn to install my base files.  I think;
	not sure.  on my desktop here I have one development directory for
	all my source files.  I have subversion installed here.  briefly:
	what now?

	do I create a svn directory here? or do I ftp/scp/<<??>> things
	to the voice-by-computer account to the google.code project?
	thanks for any help.

	gary

	ps: from the ``ya don' hafta be a hacker to help Dept:'' a speech
	    therapist wrote with some thoughts on what I should =avoid=
	    as well as things to include.  things I had never thought of!!

              Twenty-six years of service to the Unix community.