Dependencies after port tree update

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun Jan 20 08:53:34 UTC 2013

On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 07:35:16 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> The last command I run was
> root at freebsd:/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portmaster # portmaster --no-confirm -y
> -G `cat ~/installed-port-list`
>
>  From time to time I manually had to answer yes, when I was asked if a file
> should be deleted.

>From "man portmaster":

     While recursing through the dependencies, if a port is marked IS_INTERAC-
     TIVE this will be flagged.  In the absence of this notification, under
     normal circumstances the only user interaction required after the port
     starts building is to answer questions about the deletion of stale dist-
     files.  This can be eliminated with the -d or -D options.

Maybe this helps to avoid that interaction in the future.

If you want to continuously update your installed ports, you
don't need to rely on the ~/installed-port-list file anymore,
especially as portmaster can automatically determine which
ports need to be worked on (portmaster -a). It's also a nice
feature to put the "non-interactivity options" into a config
file (/usr/local/etc/portmaster.rc) so you really only need
the -a option if you want to start an update run.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany