Slowdown of iwn wireless

Christoph Egger christoph at debian.org
Sat Jan 19 02:43:03 UTC 2013

Hi!

On my home network I noticed that wireless transfer slows down a lot
over time. It starts at reasonable internet speed of 300kB/s or
something but after 2h of using the network it barely gets more than
20kB/s across. Rebooting helps, as does kicking the kernel
module/interface and recreating (though that tends to crash from time to
time)

It's a

03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6205 [Taylor Peak] (rev 34)
	Subsystem: Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6205 AGN
	Memory at f2400000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable)
	Capabilities: [c8] Power Management version 3
	Capabilities: [d0] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
	Capabilities: [e0] Express Endpoint, MSI 00

I'm running a freebsd -CURRENT kernel (revision 242489) (actually the
Debian kFreeBSD one but with firmware enabled)

iwn6000fw.ko is loaded and iwn built into the kernel

Regards

    Christoph