ffmpef 1.1

Andy Wodfer wodfer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 20:17:32 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 8:53 PM, Mark Felder <feld at feld.me> wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 13:47:49 -0600, Zyumbilev, Peter <
> peter at aboutsupport.com> wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>>
>> Does anybody know if there soon be port of ffmpeg 1.1 to FreeBSD ?
>>

> I assume multimedia/ffmpeg1 just needs an update

Hi,
You might consider compiling it from source instead since it often takes
some time for the ports to be up to date with the development of ffmpeg.

Here is how I did it a while back:

Download the latest ffmpeg from GIT.

Extract .tgz file

# cd ffmpeg-0.10
# bash
# export LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
# export CPATH=/usr/local/include
# ./configure --enable-gpl --enable-nonfree --enable-shared
--enable-libdirac --enable-libfaac --enable-libschroedinger
--enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264
--enable-libxvid --cc=gcc47
#gmake
#gmake install