Hard drive LED always on

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Jan 15 14:40:53 UTC 2013

I've got an issue, that regarding to
http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=13467 is an issue for several
users. Since I've got to fix many other issues, ALSA doesn't work, the GUI
of QjackCtl does behave strange, Ardour 2 doesn't build, only 2 IOs are
available for the sound card, by OSS using the snd_hdspe driver etc., I
wonder if I can ignore the LED. As long as the LED only will give light
and it shouldn't cause serious issues, such as data loss, it's ok for me.
Until now it seems not to cause serious issues. Is it safe to ignore it,
to keep i as is?

Regards,
Ralf

--