9.0 vs 9.1

Scott Eberl rayzrshrp at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 02:02:26 UTC 2013

OK can someone please explain this to me in detail? I've been reading all
the release notes I can find and I'm not understanding why after upgrading
to 9.1 I have to compile from source to install stuff now. It takes forever
and asks me questions I have no idea what the answer is to. Early today I
installed irssi which I had to do with make clean install because just
doing pkg_add -r irssi complains about not being able to find the url of it.

Should I just reinstall 9.0 and not upgrade, will ports work correctly then?