sendmail not working

Karl Vogel vogelke+unix at pobox.com
Thu Jan 10 22:30:13 UTC 2013

>> On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 11:30:01 -0500,
>> Robert Huff <roberthuff at rcn.com> said:

R> After looking into several things, I can now send mail successfully.
R> However, delivery to local mailboxes is still blocked.  sm-mta reports
R> "accepting connections", but maillog is still full of:
R>   jerusalem sm-mta[28896]: r05KsfdB048780: smtpquit: mailer local exited
R>   with exit value 1

   Can you temporarily replace your local mailer?

   you% cd /where/ever
   you% mv localmailer localmailer.bin

   Then use something like this in its place:

   #!/bin/sh
   /usr/bin/truss -f -o /tmp/local$$ /where/ever/localmailer.bin ${1+"$@"}
   exit 0

--
Karl Vogel                      I don't speak for the USAF or my company

He fell for her like his heart was a mob informant, and she was the
East River.                 --bizarre expressions found in English papers