Reading the handbook from console

Daniel Staal DStaal at usa.net
Thu Jan 10 19:05:52 UTC 2013

--As of January 10, 2013 12:37:06 PM -0600, Scott Eberl is alleged to have
said:

> I went ahead and installed the FreeBSD handbook onto my system and I was
> able to find it on disk per the motd notes but I'm wondering if there is a
> preferred method for reading these since they are in html format. I tried
> w3m and lynx and it looks like they are both not installed. Is there
> something i'm missing for reading these or do I just need to install a cli
> browser?

--As for the rest, it is mine.

You'd need to install a cli browser, for the standard install.  (Or a PDF
viewer, IIRC.)

You can go back and change your options for the handbook port if you want
as well - one of the other options is to install it in plain text format,
either as well or instead.  (Other formats there are options for include
PDF, Postscript, and a couple of HTML options.)

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.