sh script problem with capturing return code

Fbsd8 fbsd8 at a1poweruser.com
Thu Jan 10 02:23:02 UTC 2013

Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org> writes:
>
>> I think it's a real bug, and the test cases don't cover "extra" elements
>> at all. Now I just have to figure out the right fix.
>
> I'm pretty sure that the fix is just to set rval on jumping to the
> "extra" tag in vwalk() in src/usr.sbin/mtree/verify.c.
>
> But my hot water heater just exploded, so I may not look at code for a
> few more days.

Hello Lowell,
Thank you very much.
I was going crazy trying different combinations of options and script
logic. I want to thank you for taking my problem seriously and taking
the time to do your own test cases to verify my findings. Now that I
know it's a genuine bug in mtree, I can make my plans accordingly. Any
fix to the mtree utility will take some time to filter down to a regular
RELEASE. Maybe 9.2 or the big jump to 10.0 by the end of 2013. I will
leave it up to you the file a PR on this and follow through.
Thanks again, people like you are what makes this questions list so
valuable and FreeBSD such a great OS. You did outstanding work.

Joe