Intel D525MW board No ethernet devices detected with 9.1 Release

PseudoCylon moonlightakkiy at yahoo.ca
Tue Jan 8 08:47:31 UTC 2013

> Message: 17
> Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 20:44:15 -0600
> From: iamatt <iamatt at gmail.com>
> To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
> Subject: Intel D525MW board No ethernet devices detected with 9.1
>         Release
>
> Hello,
>
> I have an intel D525MW board with an ATOM processor.  The system was
> running 9.0 RELEASE amd64 with no problems.  I did an binary upgrade
> to 9.1 amd64 and now the onboard ethernet card is not detected.  I
> encountered a similar issue when I tried to go from 9.0 RELEASE to 9.0
> STABLE a while back.

The onboard NIC is working fine with 9.0-STABLE fetched on June 16,
right at this moment. (I'm sending this e-mail with D525MW.) So, one
possibility is r237797.
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/release/9.1.0/sys/dev/pci/pci_pci.c?view=log#rev237797

Additional info:
9.1-RELEASE worked fine on another ATOM based board, D945GCLF2. Fresh
install from memstick, I was able to fetch complete src tree, and
other config files without any problem. (Now it is running CURRENT,
though.)

Also, 9.1-RELEASE + re(4) is working fine on a laptop with a core2 duo.

AK