drivers for BMC43142 and/or AR8162 chips

vilibald wanca vilibald.wanca at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 12:56:01 UTC 2013

Hi,
I've installed pc-bsd 9.1 and FreeBSD 9.1 on my new laptop ASUS X201E,
which was
originally running ubuntu, after a little struggle to get it booting I
am up and running although I have no network access whatsoever as the
Ethernet device is Atheros AR8162 and the wifi is hybrid
(wifi/bluetooth) Broadcom's
BMC43142. After looking around I'm not sure if there are any bsd drivers
available or any other way to get it running, at least one of them,
preferably the wifi as I can live without wired connection. I've been
thinking about going the ndisgen way but there are no winXP drivers for
these chips. Does ndisgen support ndis 6.2, can I use win7 drivers? Any
ideas what to try or even just a general approach what way to go.
Thanks.

vw.